As the mercury in the thermometer is soaring, the thirst for coolers is increased. It is better to have something healthy rather than aerated drinks to fight with the heat. Combat the summer heat with delicious and tangy aam panna. It is most popular heat-resistant drink in India. Aam panna is also known as kairi panhe, etc. The green raw mangoes are bountiful and resourceful. The unripe mangoes are great source of Vitamin C, A, B1, B2 and Pectin.
Aam panna is a great cooler to tolerate heat.
Health Benefits of Aam Panna:
- It prevents water and mineral loss from the body.
- It cures stomach problems.
- It is good for blood and dental disorders.
- It builds body’s immune system.
- It prevents sunstroke.
|Raw mangoes||3 nos.|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Black salt||As per taste|
|Mint leaves||10-20 leaves|
|Cumin Powder||1 ½ tsp|
- Wash raw mangoes.
- Peel the raw mangoes and wash again.
- Pressure cook them till soft (3 whistles) and let them cool.
- Get the pulp with the help of a spoon.
- Remove the middle seed and with the help of blender, mash and strain the pulp. A smooth paste will be obtained.
- Grind mint leaves or finely chop the leaves.
- Add cumin powder, mint leaves, salt, black salt and jaggery/sugar.
- Mix well till jaggery/sugar is dissolved.
- Add water, stir well and serve.
- Peeling the skin before boiling helps to avoid bitter taste which may be due to the thick skin of the raw mangoes.
- Use jaggery, a source of iron, phosphorous and calcium. It is a better option as a sweetener than sugar.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sweetener as per your desire.
Storage: Aam panna can be stored for 5-7 days in refrigerator.
Drink the refreshing aam panna and maintain body’s temperature in the intense heat.