Rosy lips are seductive and appealing feature of both men and women than darker lips. Pink colored lips enhance beauty and each one of us has that ‘secrete desire’ to have such luscious lips. Bewitching soft lips not only beautifies smile but are also tempting. Darker lips may not look fascinating and may have many causes. Don’t let discolored lips loot your charisma. Instead of over putting your lip gloss or choosing a darker shade in lipstick to cover your dark pigmentation, try these home remedies and flaunt with natural pink lips. Stop hiding, start showing!
Factors Causing Darker Lips:
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- Caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee
- Chemical reaction from cheap/expired cosmetic products
- Hormonal imbalance
- Deficiency of iron, magnesium, Vitamin B-complex
- Hyperpigmentation- Excessive melanin production
Work On Your Lips:
Lemon acts as natural bleaching agent and enhances skin lightening. Lemon juice acts as peel off agent removing dead skin from the lips.
How to use: Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice and massage gently on your lips. Leave it overnight on lips and see visible effects after wash off in the morning. Repeat for 15 nights for softer pink lips.
Tip: Do not use on chapped lips.
- Beet root:
Beet root is rich in anti-oxidants and carotenoids. Also, it acts as a natural coloring agent and stimulates blood cell production and blood circulation.
How to use: Apply freshly squeezed beetroot juice/cut a slice and massage gently on your lips. Leave it overnight on lips and see visible effects after wash off in the morning. Repeat for 15 nights for softer pink lips.
Tomatoes lighten up lip tone with its astringent property.
How to use: Apply freshly squeezed tomato juice/cut a slice and massage gently on your lips. Leave it overnight on lips and see visible effects after wash off in the morning. Repeat for 15 nights for softer pink lips.
The best way to exfoliate your lips and remove dead skin is with scrubbing.
- Mix granulated sugar and lemon juice and gently scrub on your discolored lips.
- Add equal portions of granulated sugar, honey and olive oil and scrub. Wash off with lukewarm water and moisturize them.
- Mix granulated sugar, turmeric and almond oil.
- Mix pomegranate paste, milk cream/yogurt and scrub.
- Crushed rose petals and honey and milk in equal portions make a gentle scrub.
Tip: Do not scrub for more than 2 minutes.
Wash with lukewarm water.
Scrub only once, in 15 days duration. Moisturize your lips after scrub with clarified butter or herbal lip balm. Scrubbing gently with soft bristle tooth brush, gives great results.
- Lip Mask:
- Mix gram flour, coconut milk, turmeric and water and make a paste. Let it dry. Use twice in a week. Wash with lukewarm water.
- Orange peel powder and glycerin paste. Massage and leave overnight and wash it in the morning.
- Make a paste of Fuller’s earth and rose water and apply. Let it dry. Use twice in a week. Wash with lukewarm warm water.
Keep yourself hydrated and use lipsticks having SPF 20 or above. Try these recipes and have pink lips naturally.