Diwali is round the corner and we are sure you must be heading out this weekend for the extravagant Diwali shopping. Stylewhack brings you the best places to shop for Diwali in the Delhi Metro City.
Lajpat Nagar for Diwali Outfits
If you are the strong one, then Lajpat Nagar is the place for you to shop for Diwali outfits and footwear. Be aggressive and put on your bargaining hat as that is what will make you a shopping champ at this place.
- K C Creations: This is the best place in the middle price range which offers almost all types of fabrics. Spread on a whopping 3 floors, K C Creations has silks, phoolkaris, chanderis, brocades, cottons, prints ranging from 3D to tribal and blends. They also have some designer look alike stuff which is creating waves in Delhi. The owner and staff might come out as rude, but hey it is Diwali shopping and you need to shop the best. So don’t let the rudeness ruin your shopping.
Location: 4, Pushpa Market, Feroze Gandhi Marg, Block D, Lajpat Nagar
Contact: 011 29834864
Price Range: Varies from fabric to fabric
[bl href=”http://www.shopkhoj.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/kc_creations.jpg “][/bl]
- The Prakash Collection: This is undoubtedly the best store in Lajpat Nagar. They are known for their trimmings and borders. Your imagination is converted into reality at The Prakash Collection. Anything from Parsi, cutwork, Rajasthani, kundan, laser cut borders, Swarovski encrusted, phoolkari or Sabyasachi inspired – you will all get it here!
Location: E-24, Central Market, Lajpat Nagar-II
Contact: 011 29812566/011 65184020
Price Range: Starting at INR 50
[bl href=”https://springfinnandco.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/tumblr_inline_n3gpnzjc8u1r0chnv.jpg “][/bl]
- Footwear Stalls opposite KFC: There are 3 footwear shops in a row opposite KFC will win your heart showcasing right from ethnic mojdis to hep office sandals. The colors and patterns are exquisite and you will definitely find the perfect pair for your Diwali outfit.
[bl href=”http://know.burrp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/shoes.jpg “][/bl]
Bhagirath Palace for Lights
There is no beat to the variety of lights you can get at Bhagirath Palace. They have LED lights, pipe lights and fairy lights. The buzz is around deep lights though, which are movable and are replacing the traditional diyas.
[bl href=”http://cdn.iamin.in/sites/default/files/styles/news_slider/public/newsimage/20151027_153401.jpg?itok=t49dh1iq “][/bl]
Kinari Bazaar for Home Decoration
You will get affordable home decoration items in Kinari Bazaar. Look out for small shops which sell beautiful art and craft supplies. You will get all the raw material for your DIY Diwali decorations like diyas, lanterns and rangoli projects.
Sadar Bazar for Fireworks
Look no further for your fireworks. Sadar Bazar has a huge line of shops selling only fireworks. But we would advise not to indulge in fireworks this year and let it be a green Diwali.
[bl href=”http://delhibyfoot.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/DSC01349-1024×631.jpg “][/bl]
You can head out into the market now well informed, knowing exactly what to get where!
Here are shopping guides for other cities:
- #DiwaliSpecial: 6 Pocket friendly Diwali Shopping Places in Pune
- #DiwaliSpecial: A Categorical Guide For Diwali Shopaholics In Mumbai
- #DiwaliSpecial Where to Shop till you drop for Diwali in Bengaluru
Featured [bl href=”http://im.hunt.in/cg/Delhi/New-Delhi/City-Guide/lpmkt.jpg”][/bl]