Fathers are the best men in our lives. It is not just on Father’s Day, but we celebrate them every single day. They are the superheroes hiding under their uniform of the checked shirt and pair of black trousers. They are the supporters that valiantly try not to gag when we excitedly stuff our cooking endeavors down their throats. They are the proud inventors of the jokes that are so literal, they hurt the senses – and still produce peals of laughter.
But, but! Dads are terrible to shop for! They seem to think that they want or need nothing, yet their children and wives can spot a thousand things to buy for them, like a new watch to replace the one that is at least a decade old, for starters. Good old Daddy poses a gifting problem every second Sunday of the month of June, and the days fly by as we crack our heads open and try to remember every moment when he might have mentioned that he needed something.
Well, here’s the catch – fathers rarely need something extravagant. They cherish the little things, the adoring gestures.
There’s no need to search further, here’s a list of 10 gift ideas that are simple and sure to be loved!
- A new mug, for his usual morning chai. He’ll think of you every time he uses it, and will absolutely, secretly, love the very clichéd “World’s Best Dad” emblazoned on it.
- A classy new tie, to go with that nice suit he wears to his important meetings. Really, aren’t you proud of how handsome he looks in the uniform of a gentleman?
- A couple of tickets to the cricket match he keeps talking about watching. You get to keep your TV time, and he gets to take his best buddy along to one of his favourite events (no, let’s be honest, his most favourite) of the year.
- Book him a weekend away to a favourite holiday spot. The man needs his space too! He’ll appreciate the gesture and come back looking fresher and more relaxed (with more love for all of you!).
- 5. A full day filled with his favourite meals! The toasted waffles for breakfast, his favourite chicken curry for lunch, with heaps of gajar ka halwa, and anything else that you can think of. It’s like they say, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach! *insert evil laugh*
- A copy of his favourite book – with a bookmark. To all the reader dads out there, this can prove to be the perfect present. What’s better than poring over a harrowing story (again), with a steaming cup of tea by your side?
- A date with Dad, complete with flowers and a movie after dinner. There’s the quality time that you sometimes crave, with lots of feelings and specialness! He’ll remember it for a long time to come.
- A nice little album filled with photos of his golden days, before he had you! He’ll spend hours looking over them and reciting tales you’ve heard a million times, but the happiness on his face will put a smile on yours and you’ll laugh at the funny bits.
- A superhero T-shirt. You’ll get a kick out of it, and he’ll wear it just for you, because he loves knowing that he’s your hero. And what dad doesn’t like showing off a little bit?
- That phone cover he says he’s too busy to buy for himself. While you’re at it, why not get him the other stuff that you know he needs, but will never buy himself? Things like a new screen guard, or a pair of headphones!
Happy shopping! Make it the best day for the best man!