For all those of you who are always on the look-out for healthy eating options, there are many diets available that do good to your body. You would’ve tried many of those and most often than not, those do not seem to show any results, right? One of the popular diets today is the Keto Diet. If you are on Keto Diet and are struggling with what to eat for breakfast, well we are here to help you as always. A Keto Breakfast inspiration just for you!
While the jury is still out on whether the diet or lifestyle indeed has an effect on weight loss, there are different ways in which one can enjoy “Keto” and maybe burn some fat in the process as well. Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, don’t let a diet dampen your spirits. Keto Breakfast can be fun too along with being healthy.
Try this delicious keto breakfast recipe to kick-start your mornings-
Ingredients for the Keto Breakfast of Crustless Quiche:
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Salt and Pepper – To Taste
- Onion – 2 to 3 Tbs
- Garlic – 1 Medium Clove (Minced)
- Red Chilli Flakes – 2 Tsp (Use only 1 Tsp to reduce the spice)
- Mushrooms – 3 Medium (Optional)
- Spinach – 1 1/2 Cup (Chopped)
- Eggs – 4 Large
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Cheddar Cheese – 1/2 Cup
- Parmesan – 1/4 Cup
- Green Bell Pepper/ Capsicum – 2 to 3 Tbs (Use any color of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Wash and chop the spinach and set aside
- Heat oil in a pan; add onion, garlic and red chilli flakes. Drizzle some salt and pepper. Fry for a minute
- Add the thinly sliced mushrooms and sauté until they are soft and moisture free (About 5-7 minutes)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, Cheddar and Parmesan. Lightly season with some salt and pepper
- Grease a 9-inch pie dish or round cake pan with non-stick spray. Place the chopped spinach in the bottom of the dish. Evenly distribute the sautéed mushroom mixture on top of the spinach. Sprinkle the chopped bell pepper on top
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top (Optional)
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and cook for about 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown (ovens may vary). Do not overcook!
Healthy food can be super tasty and easy to fix too! Indulge in this Crustless Quiche as your keto breakfast and enjoy your healthy lifestyle!