House wives & mothers are always in need of a creative and easy tip to reuse food leftovers. Not only they need a yummy recipe but also they need something that can be quickly made and garnished beautifully to impress family or guest. This savior recipe will give a yummy twist to leftover rice. With healthy corn and creamy cheese let’s use rice in a yummy and delightful way to tease those taste buds.
Time required: – 30-40mins (approx. for 30 balls)
One and half cups of cooked rice
One and half cups of cooked and finely crushed sweet corn kernels
Oil for deep frying
Suji/Bread crumbs for rolling over the ball
Grated two cubes of cheese
Spices: – salt, red chili powder, garam masala and amchoor.
6 cloves of garlic (optional)
- Boil Sweet corn kernels in cooker so that they can be easily mashed.
- Allow sweet corn kernels to cool and bring them to room temperature and then grind them coarsely with six cloves of garlic.
- Take a wide bowl and mix grated cheese, rice & sweet corn thoroughly with salt, red chili powder, garam masala and amchoor as per taste.
- Now, start making balls.
- Roll each ball in suji spread over in a dish.
- Next heat the oil in a pan, and deep fry the balls till they turn golden brown in color.
- Serve it hot with green spicy chatni / sauce & garnish it in a way you wish.
Points to remember
- To add you can also add coriander or spinach to the mixture.
- Slowly mix the mixture.
- Quickly make the mixture into a ball and deep fry them.