Foundation is a product that lays a base for all other makeup. As much we all love a no-makeup look, it’s practically a task to get a natural flawless skin without any makeup. All of us cannot afford foundations from Giorgio Armani and Dior and drugstore foundations are tough to choose without being able to swatch in store. Who wants to buy makeup without knowing how it feels, how it blends on the skin or dries out? Questions are lined up endlessly.
Women love a liquid, high-pigment foundation for full coverage but there are instances where you desire a simple no-frill no-makeup look. Our skin requires makeup that is light, breathable, and provides a satin-smooth finish. Time after time we experiment with formulations that flood the market but only a few meet our expectations.
- Best Drugstore Powder Foundation For Full Coverage
- Best Drugstore Powder For Oily Skin
- Best Drugstore Powder Foundations For Older Skin
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Drugstore Powder Foundation For Full Coverage
Here are some of the best drugstore powder foundations on the market that leaves your skin soft, glowing and glamorous.
|100% Natural||100% Natural||Burt’s Bees foundation||Check On Amazon|
|Best Full Coverage||Best Full Coverage||Maybelline Superstay Foundation||Check On Amazon|
|Flawless Complexion||Flawless Complexion||NYX Powder Foundation||Check On Amazon|
|Fragrance-Free||Fragrance-Free||Neutrogena Powder Foundation||Check On Amazon|
|TWO-IN-ONE FOUNDATION||TWO-IN-ONE FOUNDATION||CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation||Check On Amazon|
|Full Coverage||Full Coverage||Bare Mineral Foundation||Check On Amazon|
|Best Mineral Foundation||Best Mineral Foundation||L’oreal True Match Foundation||Check On Amazon|
|Lightweight Powder Foundation||Lightweight Powder Foundation||Bobbi Brown Powder Foundation||Check On Amazon|
|Mineral Powder Foundation||Mineral Powder Foundation||Pur 4 in 1 Powder Foundation||Check On Amazon|
1. Burt's Bees Mattifying Powder Foundation
If you’re looking for an all-natural best drugstore powder foundation you must add the Burt’s Bees Mattifying Powder Foundation to your arsenal. The foundation is 100% natural, made from bamboo to blur blemishes and imperfection on your skin. The powder blends well and allows you to take control of desirable coverage. It leaves your skin with a smooth, even tone, matte finish. It keeps excess oil at bay all day long. The shades available are perfect for fair to medium skin tones with cool undertones.
- Buildable coverage that blurs most imperfections
- Lightweight and non-comedogenic product
- Breathable powder foundation
- Suits oily or combination skin types
- Cruelty-free and dermatologically tested
- Little expensive
2. Maybelline SuperStay Full Coverage Powder Foundation
Packed with a wide range of color matching pigments, the Maybelline SuperStay Full Coverage Powder Foundation boasts the highest coverage possible with a powder formulation. The powder has a lightweight, creamy texture that’s easy to blend. It glides smoothly on the skin and gives a natural matte finish. It is a long-wear foundation that can last for up to 16 hours. With the wide range of complexion-matching shades you will surely find one for you.
- High-pigment formulation gives good color
- Good quality for the price
- Requires no touchup, has good staying power
- Great coverage with a liquid
- Get greasy if you have naturally oily skin type
3. NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte Powder Foundation
The NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte Powder Foundation helps you throw an effortless, natural-looking matte finish. This is the best drugstore powder foundation in its range with alluring color pigments. These hues work effectively to give you optimal coverage and a flawless complexion. The package comes with a sponge applicator to blend the foundation easily on the skin. You might alternatively use a powder brush for a sheer and no-makeup look.
- Can be used as a wet foundation with the help of a damp sponge
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Not cakey
- Works well with oily skin
- Feels as naturally beautiful as it looks
- The texture is very powdery
4. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation
If you have acne-prone sensitive skin this is the best powder foundation you should consider. It is a gentle, lightweight, mineral-based powder foundation that delivers a sheer glowing finish. The foundation is easy to blend and gives you maximum coverage. You may toss the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation in your bag for mess-free touch-ups. It comes in the pressed powder form to give your complexion a natural glowing appeal.
- Has a perfect non-greasy finish
- Lightweight texture
- Imparts full coverage
- Suitable for oily skin
- Never looks mask-like
- Non-comedogenic (doesn’t clog pores)
- Requires frequent touch-ups
5. CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation
The CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation is the best drugstore foundation and it has earned this classic status. It gives maximum coverage like that of a liquid foundation and yet has the breeziness of a powder foundation. It has an oil-free formula that works well for all skin types, especially the ones with sensitive skin. It is non-comedogenic and won’t clog your pores. Bring out your natural beauty, even your skin tone and blur all imperfections with this best drugstore powder foundation.
- Suits all skin types
- Gives a flawless matte finish
- Lightweight breathable powder foundation
- Easy to carry along mirrored packaging
- Non-acnegenic, hypoallergenic
- Not appropriate for a long-lasting wear
Best Drugstore Powder For Oily Skin
6. BareMinerals BAREPRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation
Bare Minerals brings one of its best skin care beauty products, the BAREPRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation. The redefining high-performance pressed powder foundation delivers a naturally-matte, long-lasting coverage. It has a good staying power of up to 12 hours. Boosted with vitamins and minerals this drugstore foundation provides full coverage without unnatural cakiness. The formulation is free from chemicals and fragrance. This powder foundation is also vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free.
- Blends well and has a buildable coverage
- Suitable for oily skin
- Has a flawless matte finish
- Super smooth texture
- Lightweight foundation
- Comes with a wide shade range
- Has limited shade range
7. L’Oreal True Match Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation SPF 19
Looking for a powder foundation that doesn’t burn a hole in your pockets? Try the L’Oreal True Match Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation. The lightweight formula can be applied using a kabuki brush to impart a seamless satin finish. It has great buildable coverage that blurs redness, evens out your complexion, and leaves your skin with a natural-looking radiant finish.
- Provides a natural and glowing finish
- Comes with SPF 19 formula
- Buildable coverage
- Easy to apply
- Suits all skin types
- Available in a wide range of shades
- The brush that comes with it leaves you with a patchy application
8. Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation
The lightweight Bobbi Brown’s Skin Weightless Powder Foundation gives you gorgeous looking skin and even skin tone. The powder foundation features a natural matte finish and is perfect for oily skin types. It soaks up excess sebum from the skin leaving your skin fresh and non-greasy all day long. It can also be used as a setting powder. This powder foundation has a decent staying power of 7-8 hours and is definitely worth giving a shot.
- Sheer to medium coverage
- Lightweight and easy to apply
- Leaves your skin looking matte and natural
- Controls shine and oil
- Does not sink into fine lines and wrinkles
- Not travel-friendly. It may crack quickly.
9. Lakme 9 To 5 Flawless Matte Complexion Compact
How can we miss Lakme 9 To 5 Flawless Matte Complexion Compact while making a list of best drugstore powder foundation for our readers? This is a perfect powder foundation to give you an oil-free and natural complexion. The formula of the compact is enriched with vitamin E to nourish and replenish your skin. The matte finish conceals all spots and imperfections.
- Flawless, oil-free, matte finish
- Travel-friendly pack
- Easy to apply with a sponge
- Medium coverage
- Suitable for oily skin types
- Requires frequent touch-ups
Best Drugstore Powder Foundations For Older Skin
10. PÜR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup
The 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation is enriched with some good-for-skin ingredients that improve the look of your skin. If you’re not a fan of loose powder foundation, bring home this compact. It’s very convenient for on-the-go touchups with sun protection features. It will give you flawless coverage, breathable feel, and no-mess application. The powder foundation covers dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Foundation, concealer, and setting powder
- Hydrating formula
- Enriched with Vitamin B3, and Vitamin A
- Comes with SPF 15
- Vegan-friendly, cruelty-free product
- Paraben-free, BPA-free, gluten-free
- Has a weird fragrance
11. Estee Lauder Double Wear Mineral Rich Loose Powder Makeup
What do you look for in mineral makeup? A natural flawless look, smooth satin finish, breathable, comfortable and easy to apply is all that one seeks in a powder foundation. The Estee Lauder Double Wear Mineral Rich Loose Powder Makeup offers exceptional coverage for mature skin. It minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and imparts a picture-perfect look.
- Fantastic coverage
- Semi-matte, airbrushed look
- Smooth and light texture
- Long-lasting staying power
- Contains SPF 12
- Does not look cakey or settle into fine lines
- Its packaging makes it a little messy
12. Lancome Miracle Cushion And Ageless Minerale
Mature skin often loses its elasticity and gets dehydrated. It is a liquid cushion powder foundation that provides a dewy, radiant finish. This mineral powder is great for dry to combination older skin types. It works well as an on-the-go touch-up foundation. It has buildable coverage that blurs imperfections, fine lines and hides pores and flaws on the skin. It is a must buy best drugstore powder foundation on the shelves.
- Lightweight and blends seamlessly
- Provides buildable coverage
- Offers hydration to keep skin soft and fresh
- Easy to use
- Travel-friendly packaging
These were our picks of the best drugstore powder foundations that you must grab this year.
Do you use a powder foundation? Let us know more about your favorite drugstore foundation in comment box below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the powder foundation better or liquid foundation?
If you have dry skin you’d be better off with a liquid foundation for a fresher and dewy look. If your skin combination or oily types it’s much better to opt for a powder foundation to impart a flawless look.
2. What is the difference between pressed powder and powder foundation?
Pressed powder contains only powder or talc for an oil-free look. The dual-finish powder foundation provides buildable coverage and comes in an easy to apply the package. You can apply the powder foundation using dry powder puff for light coverage or with a damp sponge for full coverage.
3. Can I use the powder foundation as a setting powder?
Yes, a powder foundation can be used as a setting powder to keep your makeup in place. Alternatively, it can be used to create light and airy coverage as a makeup base.
4. Which is a better foundation or BB cream?
The choice between a BB cream and foundation varies according to your purpose of use. For full coverage use a powder foundation while to get the benefits of an antioxidant, sunscreen and moisturizer you might go for BB cream.
5. Can I wear my foundation every day?
Wearing a foundation daily has its own benefits and limitations. While the foundation gives you a flawless look and provides protection from the sun, it also dehydrates the skin and clogs pores. Make sure you nourish and hydrate your skin before and after wearing any foundation.
6. Does makeup make you look older?
As we age, our skin undergoes many changes including the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The skin loses its firmness and elasticity. Thus, your regular makeup can make your skin look older than you’d like the makeup to do. Shift to makeup base that improves natural look of mature skin.
7. Why does my foundation look grey on my skin?
Foundations are made to suit different skin types. If your skin is oily, the foundation might slide away, creating patches of dark color next to the lighter shades of your natural skin. Sebum can cause discoloration of the foundation (interaction with chemical ingredients of the formulation), making the foundation look grey or orangey.