Who doesn’t like coffee? For some it is a nice refreshing drink while for others it might be a necessity! But when the sun is scorching outside, we somehow don’t enjoy brewing our coffees. The heat reduces our affinity towards our beloved drink, but not anymore! Stylewhack brings to you 3 super yummy cold coffee recipes which will make your summer even more enjoyable!
Here are the yummy cold coffee recipes –
#1 Iced Almond Milk Latte
1 Generous cup (150 grams) of blanched almonds
1/3 Cup (40 grams) of pitted dates
1 Liter of filtered water
2 Shots of hot espresso
1. In a large, lidded plastic container, combine almonds and dates. Add water to cover and let soak overnight, at room temperature, for at least 12 hours.
2. Process mixture in a blender, at highest speed, for 3 to 4 minutes until it is finely pureed.
3. Strain the mixture through a nut bag or a fine mesh sieve.
4. Latte: Combine 8 ounces of the above chilled nut milk, a double shot of espresso and ice in a glass or cocktail shaker. Shake or stir for 30 second, strain into a chilled glass with fresh ice.
And a refreshing glass of iced almond milk latte is ready! Sip it and enjoy the nutty flavored cold coffee.
#2 Blended Iced Cappuccino
⅛ cup hot water
2 Tbsp instant coffee
1-2 Tbsp sugar as per your taste
8-10 ice cubes
½ cup chocolate milk
¼ cup cream
- Mix hot water and instant coffee in a small bowl till it dissolves completely. Pour the mixture into a blender.
- Now add sugar, ice cubes and chocolate milk and blend until frothy. Add in cream, blend until creamy.
- Pour into a glass serve.
Enjoy your cappuccino at the comfort of the home! No need to shell out money at Starbucks and CCDs anymore!
#3 Caramel Frappuccino for the Calorie Conscious
3 cups ice cubes
1 cup cold strong coffee, previously brewed and chilled
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any other flavor you like)
sugar-free sweetener of your choice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
2 tablespoons fat free whipped topping, for garnishing
1 tablespoon sugar free caramel sauce, for garnishing