Last Updated on
Every working woman knows what it is like to look monotonous during office hours. You probably worked late night, woke up late and hence suffered a no makeup day. Or you were too busy in the morning and so had to say no to makeup before leaving for work. If nothing else then you were too lazy to take efforts to do that make up for office. Let’s be honest, doing makeup for office hours is no easy deal. But here we are to your rescue with a cheat sheet to look glamorous for your office day in easy ways.
Style your Face
For skin that glows all day a primer is a must. You can follow it by a foundation or a concealer to hide all your spots. A compact will help you keep oil away from your skin.
Cheek it up!
Get some blush on your cheeks but stay away from dark shades. Choose coral colors that look just perfect for an office day. Make sure you blend the blush well to avoid looking overdone.
Use BB Cream
- A BB cream combines all the goodness of a moisturizer, foundation, and sunscreen
- We like using the Olay Total Effects 7 In One Day Cream Touch Of Foundation SPF 15 as it comes in various shades to match your skin tone
- A BB cream will cover all spots and minor blemishes, instantly giving you an even-toned complexion
- Use your fingertips to apply it all over your face and neck. Don’t forget your hairline and pay attention to the ears too
- Once you’re done, pop the little bottle in your purse to take it along for use during the day
Apply some powder if it is necessary
In case your skin becomes shiny, apply an oil-absorbing powder such as Bare Escentuals Bare-Minerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation. Apply it with a brush in a circular motion to create an invisible veil. You need to be wise and careful while selecting a powder for your skin. Go for powder from a known company so that there are no side effects. Adverse side effects can cause your skin to lose all the color and beauty so make sure you choose wisely.
Hair it Right
Never make the mistake of ignoring your hair. It can make or break your office look. Avoid doing grand and elaborate hairstyles when in office. Choose from a stylish variety of top knots, side braids and half up hairstyles.
Lips don’t Lie
If you go straight bold and do red lips or any other dark shade of lip color, you have made a huge blunder. Lip colors for office hours should be anything ranging from nudes, mauves, and browns.
Art your Eyes
It is very important to do the right makeup for your eyes. Do not go for shades other than black and brown for your eyeliner. Avoid Smokey and smudgy eyes. Instead, keep it real simple. Light your eyes up with minimal mascara to complete your look.
Use perfumes with a bit of care
Perfume is one of the essential things that you apply on a daily basis while going to the office. But to create a good impression, opt for light scents. You may also go for powder-boosting ingredients such as rosemary.
Some other important tips to consider
- Pick the right shades for a professional look
- Use products that are long-lasting. Touch-ups might not be possible during a work day
- The products need to be waterproof and easy to apply
- Choose good quality products and don’t skimp because of the price
- Stay hydrated and also keep your skin hydrated to avoid cracks in the makeup
- Carry blotting tissue with you all the time
Say hi to office hour makeup. These tips are sure to keep you confident and going no matter how hard your day seems. Happy working!