This article- hairstyles for over 50 with glasses, is dedicated to all mature ladies out there. I know it’s tough after 50 to fit in the trend! Dressing up your hair in the 50s is a bit hard as you convince yourself to stick to the “chosen one” which you think looks good on you. But it is already 2020 and with a change in date, you need to change in your hairstyle too. So don’t let the fashionista inside of you fade with time! Choose the perfect hair for you from these trendiest short hairstyles for over 50 with glasses that you’ll find right below!
- Hairstyles for Over 50 with Glasses
- 1. Rounded Bob with Bangs
- 2. Pixie with Trimmed Sides and Long Top
- 3. Feathered Bob with Bangs
- 4. Neck-Length Choppy Haircut
- 5. Spiky Cut for Round Faces with Spectacles
- 6. Textured Bob with Feathered Layers
- 7. Pixie with Short Sides and Pompadour Bangs
- 8. Youthful Funky Pixie Cut with Long Sideburns
- 9. Gray Lob with Long Parted Bangs
- 10. Very Short Edgy Pixie with Frames
- 11. Asymmetrical Bob Tucked Behind the Ear
- 12. Pixie Crop with Asymmetrical Bangs
- 13. Razored Pixie with Blue Highlights
- 14. Short Spiky Haircut with Sunglasses
- 15. Face-Framing Layered Haircut for 50-Year Olds
- 16. Short Curly Hair with Colorful Eyewear
- 17. Angled Bob Without Bangs -Hairstyles for over 50 with glasses
- 18. Short Vibrant Blonde Pixie with Dark Roots
- 19. Gray Pixie with Longer Highlighted Bangs
- 20. Cool Pixie with Top Volume- Hairstyles for over 50 with glasses
- HAIRSTYLE OF SOME FAMOUS HOLLYWOOD CELEBS OVER 50 WITH GLASSES
- Angela Bassett’s Full Bangs and Blunt Cut
- Sharon Osbourne’s Ruby Red Cropped Cut
- Robin Wright’s Side-Swept Layers
- Mariska Hargitay’s Sleek Lob
- Molly Ringwald’s Signature Red Curls
- Sigourney Weaver’s Swept-Back Bob
- Julie Andrew’s Chic Pixie
- Bette Midler’s Pink-Tinged Curls
- Reba McEntire’s Feathery Layers
- Viola Davis’ Wispy Long Bob
- Kris Jenner’s Short Hair
- Meg Ryan’s Iconic Tousled Waves
- Halle Berry’s Voluminous Curls
- Lisa Rinna’s Short Feathered Haircut
- Ellen Barkin’s Short ‘Do
- Glenn Close’s Wavy Pixie
- Judi Dench’s Short Haircut
- Jamie Lee Curtis’ Haircut
- Helen Mirren’s Short Hair
- Here are some tips you must consider before cutting your hairs- hairstyles for over 50 with glasses
Hairstyles for Over 50 with Glasses
Below you’ll find ideas for hairstyles for over 50 with glasses for short, medium-length and long locks.
1. Rounded Bob with Bangs
This hairstyles with bangs look great on women over 50 who wear glasses. This is one of the best short Hairstyles for Over 50 with Glasses. The honey-blonde hair colour adds to the full expression of the cut. Softly feathered at the top, this style is cheerful and casual.
2. Pixie with Trimmed Sides and Long Top
If you are a bold woman with glasses and grey hair, you will love a pixie with long, wavy locks. The cropped sides and neck are firm yet neat, and the silver-blonde tints provide texture, intensity and volume.
3. Feathered Bob with Bangs
50+ women who deal with a thinning hairline can benefit from brushing their feathered bangs in front. Bright in shades of blond hair colour also helps to thin hair look thicker.
4. Neck-Length Choppy Haircut
One of the most flattering hairstyles for women over 50 with glasses is a feathered, shaggy, disconnected bob with razored ends. The silver-blonde balayage has hints of lavender and gives the cut a youthful appearance. The centre part helps to balance out eyeglasses.
5. Spiky Cut for Round Faces with Spectacles
Instagram / @LOXBYBRYNN
Keeping it simple can be the best way to wear short hairstyles for women over 50 with glasses. This super-short pixie with a short wispy fringe and a spiky top couldn’t be easier to style. The ash-brown hair colour provides a neutral backdrop, so your black frames really pop!
6. Textured Bob with Feathered Layers
Instagram / @THEBEAUTYBARSANANTONIO
Cut your fine straight hair into a stylish bob with bangs. The side part is undefined and casual, which contributes to a little extra volume at the top. The dark colour is nicely balanced with bright silver crown highlights, which also gives a sense of height and femininity. Tuck a few pieces behind the ears to show off your cute jewellery.
7. Pixie with Short Sides and Pompadour Bangs
Instagram / @MTHAIRDESIGN
When you are determined to enter with a sharp fashion statement, pixie hairstyles with a backswept pompadour are just the thing. Super-feminine and ultra-metropolitan, this is a signature style that you can make your own by changing your hair colour to match your favourite boldly-coloured frames.
8. Youthful Funky Pixie Cut with Long Sideburns
Instagram / @HAIRBYMIKYLA
Pixie hairstyles with long sides and a tapered nape look great with a funky pair of eyeglasses that show off your youthful spirit. Tousle the crown section for some extra height and pizazz, and be sure to use a vibrant colour palette that brings out the best of your natural skin tone.
9. Gray Lob with Long Parted Bangs
Instagram / @JUSTINE_CLIFFORD_HAIR
Women over 50 can feel self-confident carrying long hairstyles that possess natural salt and pepper hair. Part your style on the side and try darker frames. This approach helps your eyes stand out and creates a sophisticated balance between your hair colour and skin tone.
10. Very Short Edgy Pixie with Frames
Instagram / @NICOLETTEMARIEHAIR
Glasses with interesting patterns look even better when you wear your hair in a very short pixie. If you’re a modern woman over 50 with a lot of self-confidence, you’ll feel great with this short feminine style. The light blonde hair colour and feathered texture help to soften wrinkles.
11. Asymmetrical Bob Tucked Behind the Ear
Instagram / @BEAUTYBYBREAUNIE
Chin length bob hairstyles are a classic way to look sexy and professional at the same time. The white-blonde hair colour easily covers your grey, but even when roots grow out, they’ll blend right in. Let one side fall in front of your eyes in the peek-a-boo fashion and gently tuck the other side behind one of your ears.
12. Pixie Crop with Asymmetrical Bangs
Instagram / @SAXARNA.MALIN
Asymmetrical bangs cut on a slant are a popular way for ladies over 50 with glasses to wear short hair with a fringe. The angled bangs draw attention to the nice cheekbones and delicate frames.
13. Razored Pixie with Blue Highlights
Instagram / @CUTNJ
Here’s a great cut that can revamp the look of your fine hair with glasses. It’s an easy-going and simple to style cut. Subtle blue highlights over almost jet-black hair add a touch of elegance and impulsiveness that will make you appear a decade younger than you actually are!
14. Short Spiky Haircut with Sunglasses
Instagram / @SHORTHAIRBYSHAWNI
There’s no better hairstyle for older ladies who want to look younger and more confident than a radical pixie cut with a long, spiky crown. The light blonde locks have a subtle pink undertone which adds a light-hearted, modern feel to the haircut.
15. Face-Framing Layered Haircut for 50-Year Olds
Instagram / @HAIRBYBELLEMARIE
A beige blonde balayage does a great job of enhancing medium length hairstyles for women over 50 with glasses. Long bangs and face-framing pieces can help slim down the face and hide problem areas.
16. Short Curly Hair with Colorful Eyewear
Instagram / @MELMATTISON
Short curly hairstyles work well with cat-eye frames. The bright, coloured rims draw attention to the eyes and chime in with the strawberry-blonde locks that flow to the side. Make sure to tousle the top for some extra height and consider going light on the jewellery to give full attention to your face.
17. Angled Bob Without Bangs -Hairstyles for over 50 with glasses
Instagram / @SUMMEREVANSSTUDIO
Angled, bang-free lobs are daring hairstyles for 50-year-old women with glasses. They not only create a slimming silhouette but also show off the unique shape and colour of your frames. The natural-looking golden-blonde colour brings out the freshness of your complexion.
18. Short Vibrant Blonde Pixie with Dark Roots
Instagram / @SUMMEREVANSSTUDIO
A nice idea for thin hair with glasses is to rhyme the colour of your roots with the colour of your frames and highlight the lengths. The black frames pick up the shadow roots and create a sense of depth and volume. The messy side-part and tucked behind side-pieces add an extra portion of informality to the avant-garde hairstyle.
19. Gray Pixie with Longer Highlighted Bangs
Instagram / @ASHESRGRAY
Short hairstyles for women over 50 with glasses can be youthful and feminine when you let your extra-long bangs fall down over one eye in a peek-a-boo style. Tease the crown section to give a little extra height, and keep the back closely cropped and tapered. The silver in the bangs is a nice touch.
20. Cool Pixie with Top Volume- Hairstyles for over 50 with glasses
Instagram / @HAIRINZOEYSCHAIR
By adding some height to hairstyles for a 50-year-old woman with glasses, you can create a sophisticated and conservative appearance that is age-appropriate. The subdued grey-brown and silver shades blend into a rich colour palette, providing texture and volume for this sophisticated cut.
Frames are a statement-making fashion accessory, so any 50-year old woman will undoubtedly look younger with recent designer glasses. However, a new fashionable hair cut is a must too. Hairstyles depicted above pair well with almost all types of frames, which makes them a sure-fire solution for your next trip to the salon. Experiment!
HAIRSTYLE OF SOME FAMOUS HOLLYWOOD CELEBS OVER 50 WITH GLASSES
At 50 or above, Hollywood legends Kate Capshaw, Emma Thompson, Meryl Streep, and Diane Keaton did show the world that age is just a number with their great haircuts and matching frames! It’s seriously amazing how much your specs can add life and fun to your look just as much as a charming cropped haircut can!
Angela Bassett’s Full Bangs and Blunt Cut
Sharon Osbourne’s Ruby Red Cropped Cut
Robin Wright’s Side-Swept Layers
Mariska Hargitay’s Sleek Lob
Molly Ringwald’s Signature Red Curls
Sigourney Weaver’s Swept-Back Bob
Julie Andrew’s Chic Pixie
Bette Midler’s Pink-Tinged Curls
Reba McEntire’s Feathery Layers
Viola Davis’ Wispy Long Bob
Kris Jenner’s Short Hair
Meg Ryan’s Iconic Tousled Waves
Halle Berry’s Voluminous Curls
Lisa Rinna’s Short Feathered Haircut
Ellen Barkin’s Short ‘Do
Glenn Close’s Wavy Pixie
Judi Dench’s Short Haircut
Jamie Lee Curtis’ Haircut
Helen Mirren’s Short Hair
Here are some tips you must consider before cutting your hairs- hairstyles for over 50 with glasses
- Before cutting your hair, make sure you possess the right glasses.
- Do not forget the pre-approved rule: complement your features with frames, soften and improve them.
- Square faces must go for curved spectacles, oval spectacles
- Round face shape — something more angular.
- Don’t forget to check the latest catwalk and celebrity trends to avoid dated models.
- Match frames with your hair colour.
The majority of women aged 50+ need vision correction and these ladies show that eyeglasses may complement the look and make it even more stylish! Just choose spectacles that flatter your face shape and lifestyle, and get a modern youthful haircut. Don’t forget to ask your hairdresser about the needs of maintenance, depending on your chosen cut.
Now your spectacles don’t have to serve only a single purpose – you’ll be amazed how it can be your most fashionable accessory!
She is an modern era lifestyle and fashion geek with more than 3 years of experience . Within few clicks of her laptop keys she showcases trending and informative articles which surely make you cling on to her writing style. Decoding beauty and beauty products are her encompasses. She brings you her honest opinion with a researched background and a playful read in her every article.