How to hide pimples without makeup?
First things first: No-one is more thrilled about the recent retirement of super creamy makeup and contouring than I am (also the items used for countering too! a banana? a shoe? a sanitary napkin? Ohh c’mon lady isn’t it too much already? sigh). But when it comes to hiding pimples without makeup is a big NONO!
Wait, do not reach out to your makeup bag at this moment. You should read this article thoroughly as you watch those contouring videos!
- Hide Pimples Without Makeup
- Natural pimple remedies- Hide Pimples Without Makeup
- What causes of pimples?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Hide Pimples Without Makeup
Before making you drool much longer let’s get going with these hacks of how to cover up pimples without makeup!
1. Hiding pimples is not hard when you play fullers earth card!
Take your makeup brush ( I prefer using a blending brush) and use it as a puff to apply fullers earth (Multani Mitti) on your problem area. Make sure you use dry powder.
Yes, I understand its a bit of work as you have to apply 4 to 5 layers of the powder to get it completely coated. But trust me you will see the change in the size of your pimple (to smaller) after a few uses.
Pro Tip: When you have time make a pack of fullers earth and rose water. Apply it on the problem area ( I apply it on, my whole face) for 10 to 15 mins. This extracts excess oil and dirt from the face and keeps your skin pimple free
2. Hollywood to Bollywood uses Sandlewood!
In my experience, this is the most fun way to hide your pimple without makeup.
Way 1: Take a good quality of a fine of sandalwood powder and mix with rosewater. Apply this pack on the pimples. Let it dry and apply toner. In no time you can see the pimple size is reduced and you are ready to step out of the house without makeup.
WAy 2: Mix sandalwood powder with baby powder until it matches your skin tone. Apply this powder on your face as a face powder. The matte finish of sandalwood powder and body of baby powder will hide your pimples in no time.
3. Spot Treatment to Hide Pimples
Spot treatment works wonders on your D day when you don’t have time for makeup. A good spot treatment cream can just reduce your pimple to a negligible size. Also, some spot treaters have a pink tint. This pink tint leaves blemishes a little lighter, making them way easier to cover.
4. Pimple Bandaids/Patches; Way to Go!
Ok, you got to trust me on this. There are pimple bandaids called as pimple patches available in medical stores which you can apply on your pimples. What you can do is first apply foundation to match exactly your skin colour and then stick the patch on your skin.
Yes, I know this is some sort of cheating but hey you are not applying makeup on your skin directly plus many stores offer patches in different skin tone too.
5. Tone Your Skin to Hide Pimples
Toner clarifies and makes sure your skin is as clean as can be, which is vital if you’re acne-prone. Use toner which is made from natural ingredients.
6. Baking Soda Makes Easy to Hide Pimples
Mix baking soda, lemon juice and water and apply this paste on problem areas only. Let it completely dry and then wash off. You will see your pimple will reduce in size plus the redness fades away
7. Baby Powder to the Rescue
Take a pinch of baby powder and apply on the pimple. Slightly press on the area so that the powder will stick. You will notice that the powder has sucked the oil (and other stuff!) from the pimple making it look smaller.
Natural pimple remedies- Hide Pimples Without Makeup
Why hide pimple when you can vanish it right away. Yes, we are using magic but this time ‘nature’s magic’. With these natural pimple remedies, you can get a pimple free skin in no time.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- Mix apple cider vinegar to water in a proportion of 1:4 and apply on your face using a cotton ball. Rinse with water.
- Honey and Cinnamon Mask- Mix honey and cinnamon in 2:1 proportion and apply the mask on the face. Leave to dry and rinse with water.
- Green Tea- Make a green tea as usual (without sugar). Cool it and apply on face using cotton ball or spray bottle.
- Spot Treat With Tea Tree Oil- Mix tea tree oil and water in mixture of 1:9, apply it on your pimples with use of Q-tip.
- Aloe vera- Apply organic aloe vera gel or scrape fresh aloe vera and apply on your face. After drying rinse with water.
So the answer to, Is there any way to hide pimples without makeup?
Yes, definitely there are but you need to clear up some basics too
- Zitz or pimples are part of your life. They are a sign of something is missing or imbalanced in your body, so don’t ignore them.
- You will need to carry a sanitized dry tissues (for in case). They are useful to soak the sweat, oil or any other foreign material on your skin.
- Visit your dermatologist if you are breaking out too much
- Eat healthy food.
- Drink more water.
- Embrace your skin!!!
I cherish seeing glowing, raw faces in advertisements (and my Instagram feed too). But as a person who grapples with acne, I can’t help but feel victimized by the unattainable pictures of perfect skin models in front of me.
It’s not as if I want to spend my time and money practising base, cover-up, powder (and repeat). But with pimples, acne scars and zits, the natural look just doesn’t come “NATURALLY” to me.
What causes of pimples?
It is really necessary to know your skin. That’s the only way you can embrace and avoid breakouts at the same time. There are many by which you can get pimples, here are the most common ones you can come across with:
- Bacterial infection.
- Yeast infections.
- Dietary factors- Consuming more oil/fat, salt and non-organic food can lead to pimples.
- Oily skin type- Oily skin type is more prone to pimples than normal or dry skin.
- Use of a face cream (you can be allergic to one or more than on elements of a face cream).
- Continuous use of makeup- makeup clog pores and won’t let your skin breath, which results in pimples.
I think people who have imperfections feel the necessity to use something heavier to cloak it up. Contrary, in reality, no one really needs a super thick foundation unless they’re on camera.
So try these hacks to hide pimples without makeup and comment below to tell me how it worked for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Clear liquid from a pimple is ‘serous fluid’ carrying white blood cells (WBCs) which are killed in the battle against bacteria/inflammation.
This bump is called Cystic acne. Cystic acne occurs when the infection (which had earlier caused the pimple) advances deep into your skin, forming a bump that’s full of pus.
Yes, it helps to release the puss accumulated. You have to apply the warm towel to the affected area for 10 to 15 mins for at least 4 times a day.
Dead skin cells, sebum and bacteria are inside a hard pimple.
She is an modern era lifestyle and fashion geek with more than 3 years of experience . Within few clicks of her laptop keys she showcases trending and informative articles which surely make you cling on to her writing style. Decoding beauty and beauty products are her encompasses. She brings you her honest opinion with a researched background and a playful read in her every article.