Dengue is an infectious disease caused by mosquito borne Dengue virus. The symptoms of dengue include high fever, muscle and joint pain, headache, and typical skin rash similar to measles. The major complication of the dengue fever is hemorrhage caused due to a severe drop in platelet counts during the viral infestation. Dengue hemorrhagic fever might result into fatal bleeding, plasma leakage or Dengue shock syndrome that causes extreme lowering of blood pressure. In medicine, there is no drug to increase the platelet counts except for infusion techniques. A few home remedies can aid improving platelet counts to some extent without any harm.
NATURAL WAYS TO INCREASE BLOOD PLATELET COUNTS DURING DENGUE!!
Here are some brilliant food ideas that are beneficial to increase your blood platelet counts
Papaya And Its Leaves
Papaya has an important role in increasing platelet counts due to its high protein content and ability to potentiate bone marrow to produce platelets. The juice from papaya and its leaves are proved to improve Dengue conditions and increase platelet count.
- Drink a glass of papaya juice with little lemon juice or eat ripe papayas 2-3 times a day.
- Grind fresh papaya leaves and extract its juice. Take 2 teaspoons every six hours.
Pumpkin is a rich source of Vitamin A which regulates the production of proteins that regulate platelet generation in the body.
- Add pumpkin puree to various preparations like soups, baked stuff or smoothies.
- Take half glass of pumpkin juice and mix 1 teaspoon of honey to it. Consume 2-3 times a day.
Wheatgrass has high content of chlorophyll and a molecular structure similar to that of hemoglobin. The juice increases the level of hemoglobin and blood cells in the body and is beneficial to increase platelet counts as well.
- Drink half glass wheatgrass juice mixed with lemon juice daily.
Antioxidant Rich Foods
Antioxidants neutralize free radicals in the body and cope with the decreasing platelet counts. Berries and citrus foods are rich in antioxidants.
- Include oranges, strawberries, broccoli, tomatoes, cabbage in your diet to increase Vitamin C levels (a powerful antioxidant).
- Vitamin C supplements may be taken on doctor’s advice.
- Indian gooseberries or amla’s are a very good source of antioxidants and boot immune system. Eat 3-4 amla’s empty stomach or jams made from it daily.
Another dietary item used to increase platelet levels is beetroot. It has high antioxidants and hemostatic properties also.
- Mixing beetroot and carrot juice is a good option. Take 2 times daily.
- Drinking 1 tablespoon of fresh beetroot juice 3 times a day can work wonders.
These amazing regular food ideas can help you combat the dengue complication in a very healthy way. Drink plenty of water, exercise and rest properly to maintain good health and recover quickly from dengue.