Is your blonde hairdo getting brassier? Do you think it’s time for a hair makeover? But are you sure you want to spend more money to get your hair dyed every now and then? Maybe not. There are ways you can fix your brassy hair tone naturally and without costing you a fortune. Do you know how to get rid of brassy hair with vinegar?
Isn’t it very exciting? Let’s find the answer to this together.
This smelly pantry essential – vinegar – is great for treating brassy hair. Here is how to use it in your hair care routine.
- How To Get Rid Of Brassy Hair With Vinegar And Oil
- Mix Purple Shampoo And Vinegar
- Diluted Vinegar Solution For Brassiness
- How To Get Rid Of Brassy Hair With Vinegar And Food Coloring
- How To Get Rid Of Brassy Hair Naturally
- How To Prevent Brassy Hair?
How To Get Rid Of Brassy Hair With Vinegar And Oil
Apple cider vinegar is a great way to correct the brassy tone. It has several health benefits, but it will also get the lovely blonde locks back to normal. You can mix vinegar with some oil like olive oil or coconut oil or almond oil. It’s a must to dilute the vinegar with water before use to prevent hair damage.
- Prepare a concoction of apple cider vinegar and water in 1:2 ratios.
- Mix this dilution with coconut or olive oil.
- Apply this solution to your hair generously on the brassy area. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Wash your hair with regular or purple shampoo.
Pro Tip: Avoid using pure vinegar as its acidic nature may damage your tresses.
Mix Purple Shampoo And Vinegar
How to get rid of brassy hair with vinegar? You don’t need to use vinegar alone. Try this method to get back the original hair color. In this method, use purple hair shampoo in combination with vinegar (preferably apple cider vinegar) to yield the same results. The purple shampoo has excellent results to treat brassy hair. Thus when used in combination with vinegar it will show miraculous effects.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar with purple shampoo.
- Massage this mixture on your scalp and hair with fingertips and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water and condition your hair.
- Lastly, rinse out the conditioner from hair as usual.
Diluted Vinegar Solution For Brassiness
We have seen how to get rid of brassy hair with vinegar and oil above. Here is another way to use vinegar on your hair – Vinegar Water. The diluted vinegar solution can be used directly on your hair if you’re in a rush. The results are as effective as that of the other methods. The oil used in the previous method provides extra conditioning to the strands.
- Dilute 1 cup of vinegar with 2 cups water and store it in a spray bottle.
- Wet your hair with warm water and spray this solution all over the brassiness.
- Let the vinegar water sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your hair and let it dry.
How To Get Rid Of Brassy Hair With Vinegar And Food Coloring
In this method, you’ll require some food color, vinegar, and shampoo. This method works get to treat your yellow undertones. The procedure can get a bit messier but you’ll get the effects you desire.
- Determine the tone of your brassiness; whether it’s on the red or orange side.
- Bring red and blue food coloring and mix them in equal amounts to your shampoo.
- If your hair is more towards the red tint add an extra drop of blue food color to your shampoo bottle. You may even make a separate bottle for this procedure.
- Now, shampoo your locks with this color mixture and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Rinse well with water and examine how your hair color looks like.
- If it’s still a little red, add one drop of blue color to the mixture again and repeat the procedure.
- Lastly, Rinse your hair with a diluted vinegar solution.
- Do this treatment at least twice a week for the next 2 weeks to get the results. Repeat when required.
How To Get Rid Of Brassy Hair Naturally
There is no need to visit the salon every time you need to refresh your hair color or correct your brassy tones. Vinegar is not the only solution to get back your normal hair color. Try these natural remedies to correct your hair color in the comfort of your home.
Homemade Lemon Toner
This is an excellent toner that gives you budget-friendly professional results. You will require lemon juice, conditioner, and water to make this toner at home.
- Mix together water and one dose of conditioner to make a loose paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mix.
- Apply all over your hair and let the mixture soak in for 30 minutes before rinsing.
- Do not shampoo your hair before the treatment.
Pro Tip: Be careful with the mixture. Lemon juice can have an extra sting is it gets to your eyes.
Black Tea For Brassy Hair
Black tea or green tea can be used to get rid of brassy hair. Tea energizes your soak and helps improve hair texture.
- Make a strong tea concoction and set it aside to cool.
- Once the solution cools down, massage it to your scalp with your fingertips and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
How To Prevent Brassy Hair?
Take good care of your color-treated hair, especially if you have blonde hair. Hair color can turn into a disaster if not taken proper care of. Here are few tips to prevent your locks from turning brassy.
- Plan strategically to choose for hair colors.
- Use the right products for your hair type.
- Do not excessively bleach your hair, it may damage them.
- Avoid exposing your locks to direct sunlight.
- Shampoo sparingly. Prefer using purple or blue shampoos.
- Keep hair well-conditioned.
- Avoid the use of harsh chemicals.
- Get your hair colored by professionals.
- Avoid pool pitfalls.
Vinegar is a boon for skin and hair care regimens. It can do wonders when it comes to treating brassy hues of your hair! Mixing vinegar with water or food color is the safest option to get rid of brassy hair.
Get Classy And Not Brassy Hair!
Save on money spent on salon visits every time you need a color touch up for your brassy strands. You can fix the problem with some so easily available in your kitchen pantry.
Getting rid of brassiness naturally is a dream come true for many. One of the best methods to remove yellow-orangey shades of hair color is to use vinegar. A mixture of vinegar and water, or shampoo and vinegar can give you amazing results.
Lemon juice contains loads of vitamin C which can be useful to lighten overall hair color. However, if you want to get rid of brassy hair tones, this is a better way to go. Make a brightening hair mask out of chamomile tea, potato and lemon juice for blonde hair.
No. Purple shampoo may not balance out the orange hues. Violet is not a strong color to neutralize orange brassy roots. You must use blue shampoo to fix orange hair.