Slime can be fun, but it can be very messy too! If you or your kiddo has gotten some slime in your hair you’ll know how eek it is. Don’t panic. You won’t have to chop your locks to go slime-free. Various products and solutions can be used to tackle such situations. Let’s look into how to get slime out of hair fast here.
What is Slime?
To know the process of cleaning slime, we must understand what it is. Homemade slime is made from borax, glue, baking soda, and food coloring. With all these ingredients slime becomes a fun play for kids but it sticks and messes around with everything. It leaves around nasty stain difficult to get rid of.
Slime has high oil content and thus cannot be cleaned using water. This means you need more than soap and water to remove slime from unwanted surfaces. We have tried to tackle the subject, ‘how to get slime out of hair’ and listed some smart ways of doing the task.
Smart Ways to Get Slime Out of Hair
1. Remove Slime From Hair With Conditioner
How to get slime out of hair with conditioner involves the use of warm water and conditioner. Using a hair conditioner before shampoo makes it easier to get rid of the gunk.
- Jump into a warm shower and soak your hair in it to break down globs of slime. If the slime is towards the end of the strands, you can immerse the tips into a bowl of warm water.
- Take a generous amount of conditioner and apply it on your hair from top to bottom.
- Use your finger to break down the slime and pull it away as much as possible.
- Gently comb your wet and conditioned hair to remove the broken bits of slime.
- Once all the slime is out, rinse the conditioner with warm water.
- Shampoo your hair as regular. Rinse with water.
- Repeat these steps if some traces of slime are left behind.
2. How To Get Rid Of Big Globs Of Slime With Vinegar
Wondering how to get slime out of hair easy? Removing big globs of slime from hair seems to be a task. A little work can easily remove the goop out.
- Before using any products remove slime as much as possible with your fingers.
- Wear a pair of goggles to protect your eyes from the vinegar. Make sure the goggle strap is not in the affected area.
- Mix 1 cup vinegar with 3 cups of water in a bowl. Use this diluted vinegar as a rinse to get rid of slime from hair. Massage with your fingertips with the vinegar solution and work out from the roots to the tips.
- Take a warm shower to remove the small residue of slime. Apply some conditioner and shampoo your hair as usual.
3. Remove Slime From Hair With Peanut Butter
Can you get slime out of your hair with peanut butter? Yes. This is one of the quickest ways to remove slime from kid’s hair.
- Work out a handful of plain mayo into the strands like a shampoo. Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Gently comb out all the hair to remove slime with a hairbrush or comb. Clean the comb after each pass.
- Wash your hair with warm water and shampoo to remove fine traces of goop if any.
Note: You may use any oil-based products like baby oil, coconut oil, or mayonnaise and follow the same procedure to get rid of the slime.
4. How To Get Slime Out Of Hair With Coke
Coke has many unusual uses and one of them is to remove slime out of your tresses. If you’re looking for ways how to get dry slime out of hair coke is the best you can try.
- Dip your hair in some coke and let it sit for several minutes.
- Coke will loosen up the glue and aid in the removal of slime.
- Condition and wash hair with warm water as usual.
Hope these smart hacks on how to get slime out of hair helps you in the long run. Do write us your tricks to tackle this messy situation in the comment box below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Slime is a nasty sticky substance difficult to remove from your hair. However, there are ways you can get rid of it without cutting your locks. Reach out for an oil-based product: mayo, peanut butter, baby oil, or coconut oil; use sanitizer or dish soap; use vinegar rinse; or hair conditioner treatment to do the trick.
Silly Putty is a slime kid set for your babies to enjoy sensory play. While playing they might put it in their hair and make a mess. Don’t get annoyed there is a simple trick by which you can remove silly putty from hair. Try using generous amounts of baby oil or hair conditioner with warm water. Gently comb the hair until all slime is removed. Lastly, wash the hair with regular shampoo.
Yes, it will wash out with these simple steps. Use some cooking oil or mayo from your pantry. Gently massage the oil-based product over the be-slimed hair using your fingers. You may also comb in the direction of hair growth. The slime will soon begin to loosen and coax out. Simply wash your hair and shampoo it.
Pouring down glue solutions or slime down the drain can clog your pipes. Consider throwing the slime away in the garbage. Wash all the equipment with soapy lukewarm water once all the slime is removed and stashed away in the bin.
Yes. All the above methods are kid-friendly ways on how to get slime out of hair. However, while handling a young one you have to be extra cautious. Bear in mind the following points:
• Be gentle with combing the slime out.
• Dilute vinegar before use to prevent hair damage.
• Use non-abrasive products to get rid of the slime.
• Use goggles to protect their eyes.
• Don’t use any product that the child may be allergic to.
Backed up with a B.Pharm degree and an MBA, She is been a path-breaker. From being an HR person to a medical writer, she did a complete 360 degree turn to become the Founder and Editor-in-chief of Stylewhack. Since then, there has been no looking back for her. Watch her column for trendy fashion tips and various other creative ideas. She loves to travel and explore the world to quench her wanderlust!