Instead of buying some unhealthy summer drinks, prepare an exciting and easy recipe to combat heat this summer. A raw mango cooler is a tasty delight. Usually, from unripe mangoes, Aam panna is prepared. This tangy and flavor mango sip is a must have drink. Raw mangoes help in weight loss. Yes! You read it right. A ripe mango adds calories due to its sugar content. Raw mango helps to reduce acidity and guards from negative effects of excessive hot temperature. The ‘king of fruits’ is very nutritious and is a great treatment for gastrointestinal disorders like diarrhea, piles, morning sickness, chronic dyspepsia, indigestion and constipation. In raw mangoes, antioxidants and Vitamin C is in more amounts than ripe ones which protects the body against cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
Recipe: Mango Sip
|Raw mangoes||1 no.|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Black salt||As per taste|
|Cardamom powder||½ tsp|
- Wash raw mangoes.
- Peel the raw mangoes and wash again.
- Grate the pulp and add 1 cup water.
- Stir for a while and rub the pulp of the raw mango against the container wall with the help of spoon, so as to squeeze out the juice.
- Using a strainer, strain the juice and remove the grated solid parts.
- Add salt, black salt, cardamom powder and jaggery/sugar.
- Mix well till jaggery/sugar is dissolved.
- Add water, stir well and serve.
- Pour this sweet and sour delight into glasses and add ice cubes. Serve chilled.
- Optionally add raw mango chunks into the sharbat while serving.
- Peeling the skin before boiling helps to avoid bitter taste which may be due to the thick skin of the raw mangoes.
- Use jaggery, a source of iron, phosphorous and calcium.
- A hint of mint and ginger tastes great.
- A drop food grade green color can be added or else enjoy the natural whitish/ turbid color of the drink.
Stay healthy and have this delicious yummy drink!