You all know that pohe is one of the easiest and best to have breakfast, mostly in North India. Do you want to make something different with poha (rice flakes). Today, let’s see some new twist in it by making pohe pakoda. Which are easy to make and turns out to be very crunchy and all time munching snacks.
- Pohe – 1 bowl, Besan (Whole gram flour) – 1 cup, Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp., Coriander powder – ½ tbsp., Garam Masala – ½ tbsp., Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp., Curry leaves – Finely chopped one small onion – fine chopped, Salt as per taste.
Process to follow:
- Soak pohe in water for 5 mins.
- Add besan, Coriander, chilli and turmeric powder, garam masala, curry leaves, chopped onion, and salt to soaked pohe.
- Mix this mixture thoroughly. (If needed sprinkle little bit of water)
- Make small balls and tap them to convert into patties.
- Deep fry patties until they become golden brown.
- Serve with green chutney, sauce or dahi.
Points to remember
- Slightly wet your palm while forming patties.
- While making patties make them small and thin so that while frying it becomes crunchy and doesn’t remain raw.