Rock on 2 releases tomorrow. This time the film includes new additions to the cast like Shraddha Kapoor and Shashank Arora. The film will be directed by Shujaat Saudagar and produced by Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar.
Rock on 1 is considered as a cult film by our generation. Many millennials have found a relatable moment in the film. It is a film that talks about friendship, passion and art. As all of us eagerly wait for Rock On 2 to release, let’s take a look at where Rock On left us and what lessons we took from the movie.
Here are few things that Rock On taught us:
Happiness in life comes from following your dream and working on your passion.
2. Sometimes the people close to us may hurt us unintentionally. But communication, understanding and forgiveness can take us a long way in this journey.
3. Money is not the criteria to be successful or happy. Aditya is successful in his career as an investment banker. But there is something missing in his life, which in turn affects his mental space as well as the people around him.
4. Whenever life gives a second chance, grab it with both your hands.
5. Sometimes in the battle of the egos, there is a lot of collateral damage. We should be mindful of that. Rob and KD had nothing to do with the fight that Aditya and Joe have. And yet they missed out on the years of friendship and music because of it.
6. There is no harm in marketing your talent. Joe refuses to market himself and his music. Even though he is extremely talented, and following his passion, he does not manage to achieve the success he hopes for.
7. Desperate times lead to innovation. One for the heart, one for the stomach. It is ok to play according to society demand, to fulfill the bigger dream.
8. Never take failure to heart. All the characters in the movie are stuck at that pivotal point in their life even after many years, refusing to move on.
Rock on leaves us with MAGIK back together. Rob succumbs to his illness while leaving behind a hopeful turn of events for the other band members. Aditya gets back the missing piece of his life that music had once filled. Joe and KD start a music talent business to scout and support new talent. Their friendship rekindled, the film leaves us with a warm feeling of security as well as the dream of following our passion.